Our new “Create Contact” zap template allows you to bulk import contacts from a Google Sheet.
Note:To avoid duplicate contacts, only new contacts will be added. If the contact’s email address already exists in PandaDoc Contacts it will not be imported (existing contact information will not be updated).
What you need in order to import your contacts:
- A PandaDoc account
- A Zapier account
- A copy of this spreadsheet template in your Google Drive account:
How you can copy the Google Sheet template into your account
- Login into your Google Drive account
- Open this Google Sheet
- In the menu, click File > Make a copy
- Give the spreadsheet a name, choose where to save it, and click Ok
Note:While configuring the Zap from the template, you will have to perform one test contact import (you can either use data from our spreadsheet or you can replace it with your real contacts).
Set up your Contact Import zap with our Zapier template
- Select the template here: https://zapier.com/app/editor/template/26315
- Select your copy of the spreadsheet template and pick the “import contacts” worksheet (the worksheet that contains contact information);
- Click “Continue” to proceed to PandaDoc action setup and check that your variables have been mapped correctly - click "Show advanced options" (if you use a copy of our spreadsheet template, it should look like Screenshot 4). If not, you can update the mapping as shown on the next screenshot;
- Finish your Zap and check the imported test contact(s).
Note:we recommend copying our sample spreadsheet and adding your contact data there to avoid errors while setting up your zap template.
Import your contacts
Important:It’s critical to complete these actions in the order described below! If you add contacts to the spreadsheet before turning on the zap, your data won’t be imported since the system will consider it old.
- Make sure your zap is turned on;
- Add contacts to your spreadsheet;
- Zapier will create contacts in PandaDoc for each row in the spreadsheet;
- Anytime you add more contacts to the spreadsheet while the zap is on, they will automatically be created as new contacts in PandaDoc (assuming they do not already exist as Contacts).
Note:Zapier checks for new rows approximately every 15 minutes so you may experience a delay when importing new contacts. You can view the import history under the task history tab in Zapier