You can add different kinds of fields to your document to collect information from your clients.
Types of Fields
Textfield (Allows you or your recipients to input plain text in your document. You can set this field to support one or multiple lines of text.)
Signature (Drawn, typed, or uploaded signatures.)
Initials (Drawn or typed initials.)
Date (You know, dates.)
Checkbox (It’s just a checkbox.)
Dropdown (Multiple choice list.)
Masked (For sensitive information that should only be seen by the document sender.)
Upload (Allows your recipients to upload files into your document. Supported file types: .jpg, .zip, .docx, .pdf; max size - 50mb.)
Text (Available for uploaded templates and documents, used to add information lacking in the uploaded file.)
Note:other account members who have access to the document and the recipient completing the masked field will be able to see the masked content. If an account member is CCd on the document and downloads the PDF file, they will be able to see information in the masked field.
- Open a template or document, and click Content > Fields on the right;
- Click and drag your field onto your document.
Note:on Editable templates/documents, fields can only be placed on existing Content Blocks.
you must assign all fields on your document to someone before sending it out.
Click on your field, and in the right hand settings, choose the recipient/template role that should fill this field.
Make Fields required/optional
If a field is required, your recipient won't be able to complete the document without filling out the field.
By default, Textfield, Date, Dropdown, and Masked fields are required. Upload and Checkbox are not required.
Signature and Initials are always required, you cannot change that.
To modify this setting:
- Click on a field, navigate to the right-hand settings;
- Switch on/off the toggle for This field is required.
- Click on a field you want to resize;
- Click and drag the white handles at the corner to resize.
- Click on the field you want to remove;
- In the right-hand settings, click on “Remove Field”;
Assign all fields to one recipient at once
If you want to assign all fields on your document to only one recipient, click “Send” on the right and click “Assign all” on the bottom bar, choose a recipient from your recipients list:
If by any chance you have to re-assign recipient’s fields to another person, you can do this easily by going to Recipients, clicking the recipient’s name > pen icon. You will have three options:
- change recipient’s email address (in case it has a typo)
- re-assign fields to another person (you can choose from your contact list)
- un-assign all fields