Warning:You are no longer able to setup new connections for our Pipedrive Chrome extension integration. This integration has been depreciated, only a user with existing connections will be able to use it. We have released a new integration with Pipedrive. Please click here for more information on how to set it up.
Integrate PandaDoc with your Pipedrive CRM, and use it to create, send and track your documents directly from Pipedrive.
Plan availability: Business and Enterprise
In Pipedrive, PandaDoc works with Deal, Contact, and Organization records only.
How to Install the Integration
- Install the PandaDoc Chrome extension for Pipedrive. Go to the Settings > Integrations > Click the button for Pipedrive;
- Login to Pipedrive, and access the PandaDoc panel: open any deal, contact or organization record. Then click on the PandaDoc Chrome extension to open the panel. The PandaDoc module will show up on the right ready to create new documents;
- If the module says Connect, click Connect and follow the prompts to connect your PandaDoc account;
- In the future, when working in PandaDoc and Pipedrive, make sure you're logged in in both.
Set Up Templates for Pipedrive
- Open your template (click here to learn how to create a new one);
- Use Pipedrive Tokens: inside of Pipedrive, open the PandaDoc panel. Click on the gear icon, and then click on ‘Tokens’. Copy and paste these tokens with the square brackets into your template.
Expand to learn how to pass Pipedrive Custom Fields onto PandaDoc documents
- In one of your Pipedrive records, open the PandaDoc panel and click on the green gear;
- Then click on Tokens;
- Copy your custom field from the tokens list, and paste it in your template.
Pass information from Pipedrive into PandaDoc fields.
While uploaded templates do not support the use of tokens, we do have a workaround for this! You can populate data from Pipedrive to a document created from an uploaded template by placing tokens within a Textfield Field.
- Open the PandaDoc panel, and click on the green gear. Then click on Tokens;
- Copy your token to your clipboard;
- In your PandaDoc template, click on a textfield and go to the field’s settings;
- Paste the token in your textfield’s Title. Then remove the square brackets.
Use Roles and Role Tokens
Roles help you pre-define fields for your recipients to sign, but they also automatically populate some of your role tokens. You can find these tokens inside of PandaDoc.
- In your template, click Roles on the right and add one;
- Click on Content > Tokens and find your specific Role name;
- Click on a token to copy (with the square brackets), and paste them in your template. Example: [Client.Name].
Create a document from Pipedrive
Once you've set up your template, you can go ahead and create documents from Pipedrive:
- Go to one of the deals, contacts or organizations, in the PandaDoc module, click "Create a new document";
- Choose your template from the template list;
- Assign recipients to Roles and click Start editing;
- Review your document and send it out;
- Track the document status in the Pipedrive record, on the PandaDoc panel.
Push product information to PandaDoc
Pipedrive Products are available on PipeDrive’s Gold Plan.
- In your template, select the pricing table you’d like to populate. Then go to the table’s settings on the right side, and turn on the toggle that says “Automatically add products to this table";
- Make sure your products are attached to your Deal record in Pipedrive;
- Create your document from your Deal record in Pipedrive. Check your pricing table to make sure your products populated.
Pass Product Comments
you cannot pass PipeDrive product description into pricing table.
- Item description;
- Custom column. Just add a new plain text column to your pricing table, and call it “Comments”.
Pass a custom column (one that's not a default PandaDoc pricing table column)
Let's say you have a column/field in PipeDrive products called Duration and you want to pass its value to PandaDoc pricing tables:
- Open the template you are using for creating documents from PipeDrive;
- Click on the pricing table > Add column > Create empty > Plain text > Add column;
- Give the column the same name as in PipeDrive. So if you're passing a PipeDrive field called Duration, name it Duration (it's NOT case-sensitive);
- When you create a document, products will populate along with the data from the custom column.
PandaDoc multiplier columns are not supported!
Why aren’t my tokens populating?
There’s a few different reasons your tokens might not be populating. Here are some things to check:
- Does your token match?
To automatically populate tokens from your CRM, all characters must match exactly. They are case sensitive, and they do not support special characters.
Best practice: Copy/paste your token from the extension to get it exactly right.
- Are you trying to populate tokens from other records?
PandaDoc works with Contact, Organization and Deal records. However, you can’t always pull information across records. (Ex. Create a document from a Deal, pull information from a Contact.)
Why isn’t PandaDoc pulling any information from Pipedrive?
It’s possible that your connection between PandaDoc and Pipedrive is broken. Try this:
- Uninstall the Chrome extension, and then reinstall it. (Don’t worry, you won't lose your documents, you’ll find them in the extension once you reinstall);
- Reconnect the integration;
- Refresh your PandaDoc session.
Still having trouble? Contact us at email@example.com