This integration will allow you to create, send, and track documents from Opportunity, Account, Contact, Quotes and custom entities from Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Get more information here: PandaDoc for Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Plan availability: Business and Enterprise
- Install PandaDoc in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Access Microsoft Dynamics CRM entities to review the PandaDoc module
- Add PandaDoc module to Microsoft Dynamics Custom Entities
- Setup PandaDoc Templates use with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Send product information to your documents from an Opportunity
- Sending and Tracking your documents
- Removing PandaDoc from Microsoft Dynamics
- Team Permissions to gain access to the PandaDoc integration
- Data Migration for New version 1.2.1
Install PandaDoc in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Use the following URL and go to the Microsoft App Source and click on Get it Now.
Or you can download the package from here.
Supported versions: 2016 and later.
- Choose the organization to install the application (if using multiple organization accounts). Then, you need to “Agree” to Microsoft’s Legal Terms and Privacy statement. Review any policies if needed, check both boxes and click on “Agree”.
- Next, you will see “Manage your solutions” section. Find “PandaDoc Integration” and click on it. It will provide some information about installation, if it is processing and/or completed. Once completed, it will show a “State” of Ready.
If you have downloaded the package as a .zip file from above, you will need to import it manually. Go to Settings > Solutions, click Import and choose the .zip file.
Access Microsoft Dynamics CRM entities to review the PandaDoc module
To access the PandaDoc module, open any Opportunity, Account, Quote or Contact record. If you see a message to connect, click “Connect” and login to your PandaDoc account.
Once you’re connected, you will see a list of related documents to an Opportunity, Account or Contact entity, if applicable.
PandaDoc iFrame shows blank
If you have updated the PandaDoc package to the latest version and not seeing the module inside an entity, follow these steps:
- Open your Custom Entity page (you can check that on Opportunity page)
- Open “Form editor” for this form (FORM button on the upper panel)
- Double-click on PandaDoc iFrame
- Select “Events” tab
- Add “pandadoc_/Compontents/EntityForms/form.bundle.js” Library
- Specify function “initPandaDoc”
- Save and Publish form changes
Add PandaDoc module to Microsoft Dynamics Custom Entities
Setup the PandaDoc module to be used with Microsoft Dynamics custom entities.
- Open Settings > Customizations > Customize the System
- Select Entities > find your custom Entity
- Go to Forms and one with the "Main" form type.
Setting up the Iframe:
In the INSERT tab select IFRAME and enter data:
- Name – pandadoc – (use lowercase characters);
- Url – https://app.pandadoc.com/static/microsoftdynamicscrm.html
- Label – you can pick any;
- Uncheck “Restrict cross-frame scripting”;
- Go to Formatting tab and set Number of Rows ~15;
- Click OK
Setting up form properties
- Go to Home tab, Click Form Properties;
- Click Add in Form Libraries;
- Select and add: pandadoc_/Components/EntityForms/form.bundle.js
Click OK to close Form Properties window. Click Save and click Publish.
Setup PandaDoc Templates use with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Next, we need to setup our templates and what data we want to pull from Microsoft Dynamics CRM. In the following sections, we will discuss the setup of “Roles” and “Tokens”.
Use PandaDoc Roles to import Contact information
With PandaDoc Roles, we can import contact information (First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Company) from Microsoft Dynamics CRM Opportunity object:
- Create a Role first: open your template, click Roles on the right, add a Role.
- Access Role tokens: click Content > Tokens, find your role tokens and copy and paste them on the template body.
Setup your tokens to pre-populate your documents with deal data
Tokens will save your time will auto-filling information from an entity into a document.
- View data that you can push into PandaDoc documents
To view all of the available data that you can push from an Opportunity, Account, Quote and Contact entity via tokens to a document, first configure the PandaDoc module in Microsoft Dynamics CRM and select the tokens to use.
You can find this module, by clicking on Settings > Settings > Extensions > PandaDoc Settings.
- Add Microsoft Dynamics CRM fields to the tokens list
Here you will see PandaDoc Settings that includes details and information and Configure tokens:
- Under Configure token, you will see “Opportunity”, “Account”, "Quote" and “Contact”.
- You can click on each entity and you will see a list of fields. For a Custom entity, click "+Add entity" to include your custom entity in the settings.
- Check the box next to each field you want to add and then click on the green button “Save mapping”.
Note, this way, you can also send over custom fields that you created in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Add tokens to your template
- Go to a Microsoft Dynamics entity, go to the PandaDoc panel, click the gear icon > Tokens and copy a token name with the square brackets;
- Open your PandaDoc template, paste the token on the template body.
Send product information to your documents from an Opportunity
To do this, add a pricing block and enable the “Automatically add products to this table” feature on your template. This will pull in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM product information, such as Item name, Description, Price, Currency, SKU and Quantity.
If you want to pass custom product fields, this will require a bit of custom development on your side. You can refer to this documentation for more information.
Sending and Tracking your documents
- Open an Opportunity, Account, Contact or Quote, go to the PandaDoc module, click "Create a new document".
- Choose your template, proceed with editing your document and send it out.
- Go back to the record > PandaDoc module and review your document status there.
Refresh tokens on draft documents
In case you already created a document but decided to change some data in the Microsoft Dynamics record, you can refresh the data on the document too. Navigate to the PandaDoc module, find the document in the list (it must be in Draft status), click "..." > Refresh tokens.
Removing PandaDoc from Microsoft Dynamics
- In Microsoft Dynamics, go to Settings > Solutions.
- Check the box for “PandaDocIntegration”, then click on “Delete”. Once done, Click “OK” to Confirm deletion.
Team Permissions to gain access to the PandaDoc integration
In MS Dynamics, go to Settings > Security > Click on Security Roles > Open the Team member Role, go into “Custom Entities” tab and find “PandaDoc Tokens Mapping” > Read Permission must be set in order to use the integration.
Data Migration for New version 1.2.1
If you have installed previous versions of the integration and updated to Version 1.2.1, you will need to go through the process of Migrating the integration from the old solution to the new one.
- Go to PandaDoc Settings inside of MS Dynamics
- Review and look for the button to “Migrate”.
All token settings will be moved from the old solution to the new solution.
If there are any issues with this process, please contact our Support Team.