This integration will allow you to create, send, and track documents from Contacts, Organizations, Leads, Opportunities and Projects within Insightly.
Plan availability: Business and Enterprise
Note:the Insightly integration was created by Insightly. If you have any questions on how to use and setup this integration, please contact them directly for support.
Enable the integration
- Login to your Insightly account and go to System Settings > Integrations > Find PandaDoc and click Install.
- Click “Install Integration”
- Once the installation is complete, you will see the message "This integration is currently installed".
Setup PandaDoc Templates to be used with Insightly
Before you start creating documents and pull data from Insightly, we recommend that you setup templates. In the following sections, we will discuss the setup of “Roles” and “Tokens” in the “Templates”.
Use PandaDoc Roles and templates to import Contact information
With template Roles, you can import contact (First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Company) information from Insightly.
- Create a Role first: open your template, click Roles on the right, add a Role.
- Access Role tokens: click Content > Tokens, find your role tokens and copy and paste them on the template body.
Using contact in Insightly Custom Links
Any Insightly Opportunity, Project, or Organization that has Contacts and/or Leads linked with an email to it, will be added to the recipient list of the generated Pandadoc document.
Set up tokens to pre-populate your documents with information form Insightly
Tokens will save your time auto-filling information from Insightly. Learn more about tokens here.
In order to add tokens to your template, refer to the tokens list below - this is the information you can transfer from different record in Insightly.
Note:tokens are not universal, i.e. Leads tokens won't work if you create documents from a Contact record.
- Find a token you need, copy it with the square brackets.
- Paste it on your template
Tokens you can use for each object from Insightly
Project and pipeline tokens
Expand to learn how to use Custom Fields in Insightly
Custom Fields that have a value in any Insightly entity (Project, Opportunity, Organization, Contact) will be passed to the document, given that the token is included in the template.
Business Rules for tokens of custom fields:
- Custom field label with spaces, or any special characters will be trimmed. Example: “Katy’s Custom Field?$” will become “KatysCustomField”.
- Custom field labels with only special characters will be excluded. Example: “$$$”.
- Custom field token names are case sensitive.
- The left part of any token is determined based on the entity type. For Contact custom fields the token will be [Contact.KatysCustomField].
Send and Track documents
- To access the PandaDoc toggle, open any Contacts, Organizations, Leads, Opportunities or Projects, then go to the “Related” tab, scroll down to “Files”. Click on the PandaDoc icon;
- Choose your template and assign Contacts to Roles, if applicable;
- Check the document and send it out.
- Go back to the Insightly record (lead, organization, project, etc) - PandaDoc document will be added as a file there.
PandaDoc button is not working, asks for a refresh and reconnect
Add insightly.com and insight.ly as exceptions in Cookies settings to see if that helps.