Warning:this integration is available for Classic Editor only. Don't know which Editor version you are using? Find it out here.
This integration will allow you to create, send, and track documents from Opportunities and Lead objects from Close.
Plan availability: Business and Enterprise
Install the integration
- Access your PandaDoc account and then go to Settings >Integrations > Close and click on the integration.
- From Close (Settings > Your API Key), add your API key and click on "Connect Close”.
Set up PandaDoc Templates to be used with Close
Next, we need to setup our templates and how we want to pull in data from Close. In the following sections, we will discuss the setup of “Roles” and “Tokens”.
Use of PandaDoc Template Roles to import contact information
With template Roles, we can import contact information (First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Company) from Close Opportunity object.
- Create a Role first: open your template, click Roles on the right, add a Role.
- Access Role tokens: click Content > Tokens, find your role tokens and copy and paste them on the template body.
Set up your tokens to pre-populate your documents with opportunity data
Tokens will save your time auto-filling information from Close. Learn more about tokens here.
In order to add tokens to your template, refer to the tokens list below - this is the information you can transfer from different record in Close.
tokens are not universal, i.e. Leads tokens won't work if you create documents from a Contact record.
- Find a token you need, copy it with the square brackets.
- Paste it on your template
List of tokens you can use to send data from Close to PandaDoc
|Close Field (If Completed)|
|Opportunity Fields||PandaDoc Token to Use|
|Opportunity Lead Name||[Opportunity.lead_name]|
|Opportunity User Name||[Opportunity.user_name]|
|Opportunity Value Formatted||[Opportunity.value_formatted]|
|Opportunity Value Period||[Opportunity.value_period]|
|Opportunity Value Currency||[Opporunity.value_currency]|
|Opportunity Date Created||[Opportunity.date_created]|
|Opportunity Date Updated||[Opportunity.date_updated]|
|Organization Fields||PandaDoc Token to Use|
|Organization Currency Symbol||[Organization.currency_symbol]|
|Organization Current Monthly Price||[Organization.current_monthly_price]|
|Organization Leads Email||[Organization.leads_email]|
|Contact Fields||PandaDoc Token to Use|
|Lead Fields||PandaDoc Token to Use|
|Lead Status Label||[Lead.status_label]|
|Lead Created by Name||[Lead.created_by_name]|
|Lead Address 1||[Lead.address.address_1]|
|Lead Address 2||[Lead.address.address_2]|
|Lead Address City||[Lead.address.city]|
|Lead Address State||[Lead.address.state]|
|Lead Address Zipcode||[Lead.address.zipcode]|
|Lead Address Country||[Lead.address.country]|
|Lead Address Label||[Lead.address.label]|
|Lead Created Date||[Lead.date_created]|
|Lead Update Date||[Lead.date_updated]|
|Lead Display Name||[Lead.display_name]|
|Lead HTML URL||[Lead.html_url]|
|User Fields||PandaDoc Token to Use|
|User First Name||[User.first_name]|
|User Last Name||[User.last_name]|
Create and send documents
- Once you're finished setting up your template, open a Close Opportunity or Lead and click three dots > “Send Document via PandaDoc”;
- Choose your template and proceed;
- Check the document and send it out.