Note:Get ready for the most powerful PandaDoc experience yet. Upgrade to Editor 2.0 here.
Not sure which version of our editor you're using? Find out here.
Document forward when enabled allows your recipients to forward the document to another person to review the document.
Signature forwarding allows your recipients to forward the document to another person for signing.
Once of it happens, you will be notified via email. New recipient will be added to the recipients list. In case of signature forwarding, a new signer (their email) be recorded on the signature certificate.
Plan availability: all plans.
Enable document and/or signature forward on templates and documents
Open an existing template or document in draft, sent or viewed status or create a new one. Then click Roles (for templates) or Recipients (for documents).
Note:once you enable the feature on a template, all new documents created from the template will inherit the setting.
Under Roles/Recipients, you will see the two toggles:
- Document forwarding — your recipient will be able to forward the document to another email address.
- Signature forwarding – your recipient will be able to forward the right to fill out all fields (including signature) assigned to them to another email address.
How recipient forwards a document
To forward a document, the recipient:
- Either clicks "Forward" in the PandaDoc email
- OR clicks the arrow button on the right
- Enters the email address to forward the document to.
If the recipient wants to forward the right to fill out their fields and sign as well, they must check the option "Allow this person to sign the document instead of me."
Once the document is forwarded to another email address, you will be notified via email and the newly added person will show up in your recipients list.