Our built-in eSignature software technology is legally-binding and entirely ESIGN and UETA compliant. We also take security seriously by providing an electronic certificate with every signed document. Add an additional layer of security with protected PDFs and access codes.
For signing a document, PandaDoc offers three ways to add a signature on a document: “Draw”, “Type” or “Upload”.
Note:for PandaDoc documents signed outside of the United States, due to different regulations, we strongly recommend checking your local laws regarding E-signature.
Once a document is sent, the signer will click on the signature field and see three options.
Using their mouse, they can draw their signature.
The signer can add their name (if not already added) and choose one of the six formatting styles.
The signer can upload an image of their signature by clicking on “Select Image”.
Image formats: JPG, PNG, GIF
For best fit, we recommend an image that is 210(h) X 125(w) pixels in size, however other file sizes also work as the system will adjust the image to fit the signature field.
Once one of the options has been chosen, the recipient will click on “Accept and Sign”.
Once the document has been signed, document recipients and author can download the PDF version. The last page of this PDF file, will include the signature certificate verifying the signing event.
How to sign a PandaDoc document
Now let’s go through the process of signing a PandaDoc document.
- Go to your email inbox and open the PandaDoc email
- Click “Open the document”
- Review the document, the black bottom bar will guide you through the fields that require your input. You can also quickly identify all fields that you specifically need to fill out by the red colour.
- When all fields are filled out, you will see the “Finalize document” button at the bottom. By clicking on it you agree that your signatures will be as valid as handwritten signatures to the extent allowed by local law.
- Once you finalize the document, it’s considered Completed (provided you are the only signer.) If there are other parties to the document, you will need to wait for them to finalize the document on their end.
- When the document is completed by all parties, you will get an email notification.