Note:Get ready for the most powerful PandaDoc experience yet. Upgrade to Editor 2.0 here.
Not sure which version of our editor you're using? Find out here.
Learn here how to quickly & easily create editable PandaDoc templates and documents from your .docx or .doc, Google Docs or Word Online documents.
Plan availability: all plans.
Formats you can import: .docx, .doc, Google Doc, Word Online
Expand to learn more about limitations
- From .docx or .doc files, we can import the following fonts only: Arial, Helvetica, Georgia, Times New Roman, Monospace;
- Text Effects and Typography cannot be imported;
- Line Spacing of your .docx file will be set to the default PandaDoc;
- Only simple tables with simple borders can be imported (no design, no merged cells);
- Shapes, Charts, SmartArt are not supported;
- Orientation will be set to portrait;
- Page color, border and margins cannot be imported, ‘US letter’ paper size will be applied;
- Document comments and footnotes cannot be imported.
Upload & Convert your file
Click “New Template/Document” and choose “Upload” in the popup window.
If you do not find this option, reach out to your Account Owner and ask them to enable this feature in the Add-on store (found in the bottom left of your PandaDoc account)
You can drag & drop your file to add from your device or import it from Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive or Box. Once it's uploaded, choose "Convert document" (With the "Do not convert" you will proceed to a non-editable PandaDoc document).
we don’t support importing documents from OneDrive for Business
Review your content
Your template/document will be broken down into content blocks, you can edit them:
For Templates, you can add tokens as placeholders for dynamic content (any info that will change from document to document):
You can also modify the design of your document or template – just click …More > Design:
If you want to change the font of the document, you can set a new one in the Design section or import a Google font using custom CSS.