White-label your PandaDoc delivery emails
Plan availability: Business* and Enterprise** plans
*This feature is available as a paid add-on in our Business plan.
**An additional setup fee may apply.
With white-labelling, your PandaDoc documents will arrive from an email address and custom subdomain that we will create for you. This subdomain will contain your company's branding and is customizable. For example, if your brand is widgetcentral.com, we can create a subdomain such as yoursubdomain.widgetcentral.com. In this example, emails will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. The subdomain after the @ part and before your domain can be anything you want as long as it is not already taken. The part before @ can also be anything you want.
Please note, you cannot change document links (app.pandadoc.com) with this feature.
Note:Setting this up requires updating DNS records on your end. We recommend reaching out to your IT department for that or to your domain provider (GoDaddy, HostGator, etc) to have them update your DNS records for you. Each domain provider has different naming requirements and may have additional steps to complete.
Your custom domain (white-labeling) will be applied to the following standard PandaDoc emails:
- document delivery email
- document expiration warning
- document completion notification
- reminder to verify bank account
Note:Once white-labeling is set up, the emails listed above will arrive from your custom domain. This will not impact any previously sent emails or notifications (as those have already been delivered).
You can set this up for your entire account or for a specific workspace.
Warning:After your account has been white-labeled, the "[Recipient name] opened Email message" event in the Activity won't be tracked. You will still receive the "Document Viewed" notification email.
Send a request to our support team
To start the process, the PandaDoc account owner must send us a request with the following information:
- White-labeling for the entire account or for a specific workspace (list workspace);
- Subdomain and Domain address you would like to use (example: “email@example.com”);
- Your PandaDoc account email address (*must be PandaDoc Account Owner).
We can help you with:
- Gathering all required information to start the setup process: your real existing domain you purchased from your domain provider (GoDaddy, MS Exchange, Amazon Route, etc.), and the subdomain you wish to send your PandaDoc documents from)
- Registration of the domain and subdomain in the 3rd party solution (Mailgun www.mailgun.org)
- Generating an instruction on how to set up the DNS records with your domain host and provide you with the guide
- Verifying the DNS records in Mailgun once they have been added on your end, providing the details of what is missing if any.
- Activating the white-labeling once all DNS records are added and testing to make sure it's working correctly.
We can't help you with:
- Updating your DNS records for you
- Guiding you step-by-step during a scheenshare call on how to set up the DNS records in your hosting provider (GoDaddy, MS Exchange, Amazon Route, etc.)
Complete the setup on your end
Once we process the request, we’ll add your email domain on our end and send you a PDF file with detailed instructions on how to update your DNS records.
See sample instructions attached at the bottom.
At this point, we recommend involving your IT department since it’s an advanced setting.
You’ll be required to update:
- TXT records
- MX records
- CNAME records
Your instructions .pdf file will also contain information on how to perform the setup for most common email domains. Once done, please send us an email to notify us that you completed the setup.
Warning:The instructions do say the MX records are optional but more and more email providers are starting to require them for delivery. So we strongly recommend updating your MX records.
We complete the setup
Once we receive the confirmation email from you that you’ve completed the DNS records update, we’ll verify it on our end, finalize the white-labeling setup for your account and notify you via email.
We recommend sending a test document to verify that white-labeling has been set up correctly.
This is what an email from PandaDoc (including auto and manual reminders to sign a document) would look like after setting up the feature: