This integration is no longer available for new users!
This integration allows to create, send and track documents from Tickets and Users in Zendesk.
Plan availability: Business and Enterprise.
Note, you can also use Custom Fields from Zendesk and set up Roles in order to autofill First and Last Name, Email address and Company.
Install the integration
- Log in to your Zendesk account, click the “Settings” icon, click “Marketplace” and then search for PandaDoc. Once found, click on PandaDoc to install;
- Read the “Overview” and “Instructions” for the PandaDoc module. When ready, click on the “Install” button;
- When you install the module, you’ll see the configuration window, you don't have to set up anything right now so you can skip it. You might want to use this after you've created documents through the integration, but want to filter a view based on custom fields.
Setting up the integration
- To access the PandaDoc Panel in Zendesk, open any ticket or user, click "Apps". If you see a message to connect, click “Connect” and login into your PandaDoc account.
- Once connected, you will see the PandaDoc module ready to create documents. Later, you will also be able to see a list of related documents created via the integration.
Set up your templates to pass data from Zendesk
Before you start creating documents from Zendesk, you can set up your templates to send data from Zendesk onto PandaDoc documents.
Set up template roles send contact information.
Template roles allow you to pass contact information (First Name, Last Name, Email address and Company) from Zendesk contact records.
- Go to your PandaDoc template and create a role;
- Go to Content > Tokens, check the tokens under this role. Copy them on the template body.
Set up tokens to pass ticket or user information
Tokens will save your time auto-filling information from Zendesk on a document. Learn more about tokens here.
Note:tokens are not universal across different records, i.e. you cannot use tokens for User creating a document from a Ticket.
- In Zendesk, to view all of the available data that you can push from an ticket or user record via tokens to a document, click on the gear icon -> “Tokens” tab;
- Copy a token name with the square brackets from the tokens list;
- Paste it on your template.
Create and track documents
- Open a ticket or user record, go to the PandaDoc panel, click "Create new document";
- Choose your template, assign recipients to roles, click "Start editing";
- Check your document, send it out;
- Close the PandaDoc window and you'll see your document which you can track from this record.
Change PandaDoc integration settings or uninstall
If you need to change any of your settings for this integration or to uninstall it, go to Zendesk Settings > Manage Apps > Find PandaDoc and then use the “gear icon” to go into Settings or Uninstall.