Note:PandaDoc's Classic editor is being retired and will be unavailable starting December 1st, 2021. If you are currently using this as your main editor, our team is working to migrate you over to our enhanced Editor 2.0. Please visit our FAQ or contact email@example.com to get upgraded.
This integration will allow you to create, send, and track documents from Leads, People and Companies objects from Nutshell.
Plan availability: Business and Enterprise
Install the integration
This integration works through a Chrome extension.
- To install the Chrome extension, go to your PandaDoc account, Settings > Integrations, find Nutshell, click on it and click “Install Chrome extension”;
- To access the PandaDoc panel, open a Lead, People or Company in Nutshell. If you see a message to connect, click “connect” and login to your PandaDoc account;
- Once you’re connected, you will see the PandaDoc module ready to create new documents.
Set up PandaDoc Templates use them with Nutshell
To pull data from Nutshell, you need to setup your templates first. In the following sections, we will discuss the setup of “Roles” and “Tokens”.
Use PandaDoc Roles to import Contact information
With template Roles, you can import contact information (First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Company) from a Nutshell Lead.
- Create a Role first: open your template, click Roles on the right, add a Role.
- Access Role tokens: click Content > Tokens, find your role tokens and copy and paste them on the template body.
Set up your tokens to pre-populate your documents with deal data
Tokens will save your time auto-filling information from a lead, company or people record into a document:
- To view all of the available data that you can push from a Lead, People and Company via tokens to a document, click on the gear icon -> “Tokens” tab;
- Copy a token name with the square brackets and paste it on the template body.
Note:Tokens will not work across all objects. To find the list of tokens available to use for your Nutshell record, click the gear icon in the PandaDoc module > Tokens. If you create a document from a Company, you may use only Company tokens. If you create a document from a Lead, you may use only Lead tokens. If you create a document from a Contact, you may use only Contact tokens.
Push products data on to PandaDoc documents from a Nutshell deal
Open your template in PandaDoc, add a pricing block and enable the “Automatically add products to this table” feature. This will pull in the Nutshell Product information and including custom fields you added to the Nutshell product.
Sending and Tracking your documents in Nutshell
- Open a lead, company or people in Nutshell, on the PandaDoc module, click "Create new document";
- Choose your template and assign recipients to roles;
- Check the document and send it out;
- Go back to the record in Nutshell and track document status there.