Content Sharing allows you to share Templates and Content Library across workspaces that you have permission to share. You can share individual files and/or entire folders of Templates and Content Library files.
Shared content (templates and content library) is available as a read only. While it can be used to send out new documents, it cannot be edited. However you can make a copy of shared content in order to edit it.
- Share individual content across workspaces
- Review shared content
- Sharing folders of content
- Accessing shared content
- Using shared templates and Content Library items
Note:if you are using Approval/Workflow process for your Templates, shared templates will keep the approval settings and documents created from them will inherit these settings. Thus the “approving-team member”, must be a member of the shared template's workspace.
If you would like to use this feature, please contact us by using the “Green Help” button found on the lower right side of your account and we can enable it for you.
Share individual content across workspaces
You can share individual items (templates and content library items) in two ways:
- Find the item, then click the “…” on the far right and click Share;
- Alternative method, open any template or content library item, over on the right, click on “More” > “Sharing”;
- Next, you will see two sections, “Available workspaces” and “Shared with”. You can see which workspaces you can share with and which workspaces the item has already been shared in;
- Under “Available Workspaces” select the workspace(s) you want to share the content with. Click “Save Changes” once you've finished.
Review shared content
Under Shared with, you can review which workspace this item is shared with. You can remove the item from the workspaces.
Sharing folders of content
You can also share entire folders of content.
- Open the folder that you would like to share. Click on “Share Folder” on the right;
- You will see shared icons next to folders and items which are shared with other workspaces.
Accessing shared content
In the Template and Content Library sections, you will see the folder called “Shared with me”. The items you shared with this workspace will be located here.
Using shared templates and Content Library items
- Access the “Shared with me” folder, see above;
- Click New Document > Shared Templates > Create a new document using a shared template.
Note:shared templates cannot be edited or modified. To edit shared templates, changes must be made in the original workspace it was shared from and the template must be shared again.
Shared Content Library
You can use shared Content Library items and add them to documents/templates the same way as you do it with regular Content Library items.