Adding members is an excellent way to share and create documents together.
Note:New members can be added by the Account Owner, Admins and Managers, but only the Account Owner has the access to account billing and the number of spare licenses.
First, you need to add licenses to your account, then you can invite members. Please find more details below.
In case you need to transfer a license from an old user to a new one, delete the old user first. After that, you will have a spare license and can invite a new user.
Check available licenses or add new
- Check the number of licenses you currently have to spare by going to Settings > Billing > under User licenses, you will see the number of occupied and available licenses.
- Click on Manage to add more licenses.
You will be charged upon adding new licenses.
Invite new members by link
If you’d like to invite multiple colleagues to your account, you can easily do this with our invitation link feature.
All you need to do is copy an invitation link and share it with your team. Then it’s simply up to your colleagues to join your workspace!
Note:New members can be added by the Account Owner, Admins and Managers. Learn more about account roles.
How to invite users by link
To start, click the Invite new user button on your Dashboard. Alternatively, you can go to Settings > Team, then click Invite new user from there.
Next, in the pop-up under Invite by link, choose a role for each of your new users, select a license type (if applicable), then copy the link.
Note:Free eSign plan users can only be invited as Admins.
That’s it! Now you can share the link with your colleagues.
How to share multiple links for different account roles
You can also simultaneously invite multiple users with different roles. Here’s how:
- Click the Invite new user button on your Dashboard or in team settings
- Select a role for new users you’ll invite to join your workspace
- Click the Copy link button, then share this link with your colleagues
- Select a different role in the same pop-up
- Repeat step 3, then share this new link with colleagues who’ll join your workspace with this different role
Once your colleagues click this link, they’ll need to add their profile details and click Join workspace.
Before sending a link that will enable your colleagues to join your workspace, make sure you have enough licenses for everyone to join. Go to your team settings or billing page to check how many licenses you have remaining.
Be forewarned that anyone you invite can join your workspace even if you have no licenses available. Once a user joins your workspace via link, you’ll receive an email notifying you that a pending charge is scheduled for 48 hours from the time the user joined.
If necessary, you can remove any new user in your team settings so you won’t be charged for a new license.
How to deactivate an invitation link
To deactivate the invitation link, simply click the reload icon next to the link.
Users will see this message when they click the deactivated link.
Invite new users by email
- Once the licenses have been added or you've made sure you have enough, go to Settings > Team > click Invite new users.
- Enter the email address, and select a role for the new account member: Member, Manager, or Admin.
- If you have more than one license type provisioned to your account (Standard, eSign, or Read-only), select the license for the new user. Note: The license dropdown disappears if you invite a user who is already a part of your organization in another workspace. Once you invite them, they'll have the same license as in another workspace.
- The new member will receive a notification email with an invitation to join your workspace. They will click Join workspace and create a password for their account. The invitation will be in pending status until your colleague accepts it.
- You can re-send the invitation (in case they haven't received it or as a reminder) or cancel it by clicking the context menu next to the member's name and choosing an option (three dots on the far right of a team member's name when you hover over it).
Note:Adding a user may result in additional charges if you have no licenses available.
Allowing teammates to join your account
Availability: All plans
It’s easy for your colleagues to join your account if they’re working within the same domain as your account’s owner.
To invite others from your domain to join your account, first go to Settings in the left-side panel, choose Settings again, then select the checkbox next to Team settings.
When a new user creates a PandaDoc account, they’ll be asked to confirm their email address by entering a verification code.
Once the new user verifies their email address, they’ll see a list of accounts they can join under their domain.
After the new user selects Request Access, they’ll be granted access once the account owner approves their request.
Note:New users can join a Free eSign account without owner approval.
Once the account owner is notified of the new user’s request to join, they can select Grant access in the email notification. They’ll then be redirected to a new modal window where they can choose roles and workspaces for the new user.
Once the owner selects Grant access, the new user will receive an email notification that will let them confirm they’d like to join the account. And then the collaborations can begin!
Invite new users via public link
Availability: All plans
Another way to allow a teammate to join your account is by sending them a link to a document or template.
Simply copy the link to a document or template from the address bar, share it with your teammate, and start working on it together! Here’s how it works:
- Your teammate clicks the link, then is prompted to enter their name and email address to request access to your account
- Once they select Request access, email notifications are sent to your account’s admins
- Any admin can approve the request by clicking Grant access in the email notification, at which point the user receives a notification about joining your account
- When the user clicks Join in the email notification, they’ll be sent to the document or template
Note:Once the new user has been granted access, they’ll join in a Manager role and you'll be charged for a Standard license.
To disable this feature, first, go to Settings in the left-side panel, choose Settings again, then scroll down to Team settings and uncheck the option to "Allow anyone to request access to documents". Finally, select Save changes.
- To delete a member, go to Settings > Team. Hover over a user and select three vertical ellipses on the far right, then select Delete from the dropdown. If this person is a member of multiple workspaces, you can delete them from all workspaces at once. To do so, check the option "Remove from all workspaces".
- You can CC another user from your account on the removed user's documents so that you don't lose important notifications when the document is signed.
- Invite another person, if you want to replace a team member.
Warning:Deleting a member will not remove the license. If you'd like to remove the license entirely, the Account Owner must go to Settings > Billing > Manage licenses and adjust the number of licenses.
You can delete multiple users at once. Check all the users you’d like to manage, at the top right choose Delete.