Note:PandaDoc's Classic editor is being retired and will be unavailable starting December 1st, 2021. If you are currently using this as your main editor, our team is working to migrate you over to our enhanced Editor 2.0. Please visit our FAQ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get upgraded.
We’ve designed PandaDoc to streamline your sales process, and templates are an important part of making that possible. When you use templates, you will create the content of your documents only once. Then, when you create your document, all you have to do is choose your recipients, and make final adjustments!
Uploading a file fits really well if you send out something like tax forms that are pretty much set and don’t require styling.
You may run into problems uploading your document if it meets any of the following criteria:
- Password protection
- Contains form fields, embedded fonts, or comments
- Exceeds 50 MB or contains more than 500 pages
- If you are uploading an image, we recommend the following dimensions: US Letter at 72dpi: 612 pixels x 792 pixels; US Letter at 300dpi: 2550 pixels x 3300 pixels.
Supported file types: .pdf; .doc; .docx; .xls; .xlsx; .ppt; .pptx, .jpeg; .jpg; .png.
.doc; .xls; and .ppt files from Microsoft Office 95 or older are not supported.
Upload your file
- Just go to Templates > New Template > Upload;
- You can upload documents from your computer, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and OneDrive;
- If you use a .docx file, you will see two options once it's uploaded: "Convert document" and "Do not convert". Choose "Do not convert" to proceed with an uneditable document, "Convert document" will let you go with an editable document. Learn more how you can convert .docx files into Editable PandaDoc documents here.
Note:Note: If your PDF contains hyperlinks, they will remain hyperlinked after you upload your PDF to PandaDoc.
Add Roles to your template
On the right side of your screen, click on Roles.
Add one role for each person that needs to sign or receive the document.
Add fields to your template
Click and drag fields to the necessary places in your template.
Then, assign each field to its appropriate role.
Uploaded templates are not editable in PandaDoc.
Add more files to your uploaded template
This way you can now combine multiple files in one PandaDoc template.
Open your template and scroll to the bottom, click "Add another file".
You can drop a file, choose a local file or use one of the cloud storage options to upload the file.
you cannot un-do this action!
Once the new file has been uploaded, you can add “Fields” to capture data from your clients.
Add another source file
If you need to re-upload a file for your template, click Edit > Upload new source file.
You won't have to rearrange fields that you've already added to the template.
Edit uploaded template
Click Edit on the right to upload another source file for your template. Your fields will remain where they are.
This will create a new version of the template. You can download the previous version by going to ...More > Versions.
Create a document
When your template is ready to go, use it to create a document. Just click on the green “Create Doc” button on the right side of your screen. Then follow the prompts to assign your recipients, and fill your fields.