Plan availability: Business, Enterprise
This integration will work for Contacts, Companies and Deals in HubSpot
- Install the integration
- Set up templates for HubSpot
- Use Roles and Role tokens
- Push product information in PandaDoc
- Create and track documents
How to Install the PandaDoc <> HubSpot Integration
Who can install? Account Owner, Admins
- Set up the integration.
Make sure you’re logged into your HubSpot account. In PandaDoc, go to Settings > Integrations > HubSpot, and click Connect HubSpot. This will open a new window, where PandaDoc will ask which account in HubSpot you wish to integrate as well as to authorize the Integration. Click on ‘Grant Access’.
- Check the integration.
Go to HubSpot, and open any Deal, Contact or Company record. Over on the left side of your screen, you will see the PandaDoc module!
I don’t see the PandaDoc Module in HubSpot.
How to Set Up Your Templates for HubSpot
In order to push information from HubSpot into PandaDoc documents, you must set up your template first to determine what and were to pass. In the sections below, we'll tell you how to pass information from HubSpot fields into PandaDoc textblock, fields and product information into pricing table. First, learn how to pass info with tokens. Watch the short video or follow the instructions below:
- Open your template (click here to learn how to create a new one);
- Use Hubspot Tokens: inside of Hubspot, scroll down to the PandaDoc module. Click on Actions > Show PandaDoc tokens.
- Copy and paste these tokens with the square brackets into your template.
Use HubSpot custom properties as tokens
Similarly, you can pull custom properties created in HubSpot on to PandaDoc documents. A custom property created in HubSpot for a specific object (Deal, Contact or Company) will show up in the corresponding tokens list.
custom property must be filled out to show up in the tokens list!
Open a record, scroll down to the PandaDoc module, click Actions > Show PandaDoc tokens to find it there. To have it populated in the documents, simply copy the token on the template as shown in the previous section.
Use PandaDoc fields to accept info from HubSpot
If you're using uploaded documents (which don't allow tokens) or just want to pass information into PandaDoc fields, here's a short video and detailed instructions:
- Find the tokens list in HubSpot (described above);
- Copy the token you want to populate later, but WITHOUT the square brackets;
- Open the PandaDoc template, click on a textfield and go to the field’s settings;
- Paste the token in your textfield’s Title.
Use Roles and Role Tokens to populate contact info
Contact information is not populating when you are creating documents from a deal or company object? Unfortunately, contact tokens are not available within a deal or company, but there's a workaround. Template Roles and Role tokens is a great way to pass some contact data still creating documents within a deal/company. You will be able to pass first name, last name, email address of a contact associated with a deal. Here's a short video and detailed instructions:
- In your template, click Roles on the right and add one;
- Click on Content > Tokens and find your specific Role name;
- Click on a token to copy (with the square brackets), and paste them in your template. Example: [Client.Name];
- When creating a document from a deal/company, assign the contact associated with it to the Role you created.
Note:Role and default PandaDoc tokens won't work if you're populating information into fields.
Expand for important information about tokens
- Tokens can only be added/edited in templates, not documents.
- Special characters are not supported in tokens. PandaDoc will not recognize your tokens if they contain special characters. Only underscores (_) and periods (.) are supported.
- To use tokens that are mapped to other fields in PandaDoc or your CRM, they must match exactly. Tokens are case sensitive, and one wrong character will cause the token to not populate. Example: [Contact.Address] [contactaddress]
- Tokens will not work across all objects. To find the list of tokens available to use for your HubSpot record, go to Actions > Show PandaDoc tokens. If you create a document from a Contact, you may use Company and Contact Tokens. If you create a document from a Company, you may use only Company tokens. If you create a document from a Deal, you may use Company and Deal tokens.
Push product information in PandaDoc
HubSpot Products are available on HubSpot’s Professional and Enterprise Plans.
A short video on passing products:
What information will be transferred:
- Discount on the Line Item level
- Line Item name
- Line Item description
- Item Cost
What’s not supported:
- Taxes (since taxes are not supported in HubSpot);
- Recurring payments set up in HubSpot will be transferred as a one-time payment option to PandaDoc, since PandaDoc doesn’t support recurring fees
- Products list order. In a PandaDoc pricing table, products might be listed in an order different from the one in HubSpot.
To pull products from HubSpot:
- In your template, select the pricing table you’d like to populate. Then go to the table’s settings on the right side, and turn on the toggle that says “Automatically add products to this table";
- Make sure your products are attached to your Deal record in HubSpot;
- Create your document from your Deal record in Hubspot. Check your pricing table to make sure your products populated.
Note:Line Item Discounts, if set up in a $ amount, will be converted into % in PandaDoc, so the total in PandaDoc might be slightly different from the total in HubSpot.
My products don't get pulled into PandaDoc documents, what should I do?
- Check whether the pricing table in the template you are creating documents from, shows "Automatically add products to this table" as enabled. If it doesn't, switch on the toggle and create a document once again;
- If Point 1 didn't help or is not relevant, you would need to ask a person on your team that has Super Admin permissions access in HubSpot to re-connect the integration (recommended by HubSpot) - in PandaDoc, go to Settings > Integrations > HubSpot > click Disable. And enable it back.
Create and track documents
Watch the short video or see the detailed instructions below:
- Go to HubSpot and open any Contact, Company or Deal record. Then click on ‘Create Document’;
- Choose the template you’d like to use and assign your recipients. Then review your document and make any necessary changes to customize it for your recipient;
- Click Send, and follow the prompts to customize your document’s title and email message;
- Go to the PandaDoc module in your HubSpot record to track the status of your document.
Two of my Role tokens won’t populate. Why?
We recently added two new fields to PandaDoc Contact records (Company and Phone Number). These fields have not been mapped to HubSpot yet, so you cannot use the corresponding tokens ( [Role.Company] , [Role.Phone] ) to populate this information from HubSpot. These tokens will only populate if their corresponding fields are filled out in your PandaDoc Contacts.
Some of my HubSpot tokens aren’t populating. Why?
There are a few reasons this could happen.The token characters have not been matched exactly to the mapped token. Go to Actions > View PandaDoc Tokens to verify that they match.
- You are using a token from another HubSpot record type, which is not supported in the record you are creating your document from. For example, Deal tokens won't work when you create documents from Contacts;
- No value has been provided in the property mapped to your HubSpot token.