Plan availability: Business, Enterprise
This integration will work for Contacts, Companies and Deals in Hubspot
How to Install the PandaDoc <> HubSpot Integration
Who can install? Account Owner, Admins
- Set up the integration.
Make sure you’re logged into your HubSpot account. In PandaDoc, go to Settings > Integrations > HubSpot, and click Connect HubSpot. This will open a new window, where PandaDoc will ask which account in HubSpot you wish to integrate as well as to authorize the Integration. Click on ‘Grant Access’.
- Check the integration.
Go to HubSpot, and open any Deal, Contact or Company record. Over on the left side of your screen, you will see the PandaDoc module!
I don’t see the PandaDoc Module in HubSpot.
How to Set Up Your Templates for HubSpot
- Open your template (click here to learn how to create a new one);
- Use Hubspot Tokens: inside of Hubspot, scroll down to the PandaDoc module. Click on Actions > Show PandaDoc tokens.
- Copy and paste these tokens with the square brackets into your template.
Use Roles and Role Tokens
Roles help you pre-define fields for your recipients to sign, but they also automatically populate some of your role tokens. You can find these tokens inside of PandaDoc.
- In your template, click Roles on the right and add one;
- Click on Content > Tokens and find your specific Role name;
- Click on a token to copy (with the square brackets), and paste them in your template. Example: [Client.Name].
Note:Role and default PandaDoc tokens won't work if you're populating information into fields.
Expand for important information about tokens
- Tokens can only be added/edited in templates, not documents.
- Special characters are not supported in tokens. PandaDoc will not recognize your tokens if they contain special characters. Only underscores (_) and periods (.) are supported.
- To use tokens that are mapped to other fields in PandaDoc or your CRM, they must match exactly. Tokens are case sensitive, and one wrong character will cause the token to not populate. Example: [Contact.Address] [contactaddress]
- Tokens will not work across all objects. To find the list of tokens available to use for your HubSpot record, go to Actions > Show PandaDoc tokens. If you create a document from a Contact, you may use Company and Contact Tokens. If you create a document from a Company, you may use only Company tokens. If you create a document from a Deal, you may use Company and Deal tokens.
How to Create and Track a Document
- Go to HubSpot and open any Contact, Company or Deal record. Then click on ‘Create Document’;
- Choose the template you’d like to use and assign your recipients. Then review your document and make any necessary changes to customize it for your recipient;
- Click Send, and follow the prompts to customize your document’s title and email message;
- Go to the PandaDoc module in your HubSpot record to track the status of your document.
Two of my Role tokens won’t populate. Why?
We recently added two new fields to PandaDoc Contact records (Company and Phone Number). These fields have not been mapped to HubSpot yet, so you cannot use the corresponding tokens ( [Role.Company] , [Role.Phone] ) to populate this information from HubSpot. These tokens will only populate if their corresponding fields are filled out in your PandaDoc Contacts.
Some of my HubSpot tokens aren’t populating. Why?
There are a few reasons this could happen.The token characters have not been matched exactly to the mapped token. Go to Actions > View PandaDoc Tokens to verify that they match.
- You are using a token from another HubSpot record type, which is not supported in the record you are creating your document from. Click here for more information;
- No value has been provided in the property mapped to your HubSpot token.