Availability: Business and Enterprise plans
PandaDoc’s integration with monday.com allows you to easily create, track, and view your documents within any project you’re working on.
Watch an overview video:
- Variables: Automatically pass information from monday.com to PandaDoc documents by using variables.
- Create documents:
- From PandaDoc templates
- From your existing PDFs or Docx file
- Status tracking: Keep track of your PandaDoc documents within monday.com.
Add PandaDoc to monday.com
Any member with an admin role in monday.com can use PandaDoc’s integration. Here’s how:
- Go to monday.com Apps marketplace and find the PandaDoc app
- Open the PandaDoc app page and click Install app
- Choose the workspace and board you’d like to automatically install PandaDoc in, then click Install
PandaDoc is now installed and can be added to any board or item!
To add the PandaDoc widget in your item or board:
- Click Add view from your board or in your item
- Click Apps
- Type PandaDoc in the search bar at the top of the window
- Click Add view on the PandaDoc tile
If you’re logged out of your PandaDoc account, you’ll need to authorize the application on monday.com. To do this, click the Log in button in the PandaDoc widget. If you don’t have an account, you can click Start free 14-day trial to use monday.com with PandaDoc.
Note:This integration allows you to create, track, and pass data to PandaDoc documents in multiple workspaces. Once you enable the integration and log into a workspace, go to the Related Documents section. Here you’ll see only documents created within the integration and located in the workspace you’re currently logged into.
Set up your templates to use in monday.com
Before you start creating documents from your tasks, you can pre-set a PandaDoc template with variables that will pull information from your item. Here’s how:
- Open your template in PandaDoc (learn how to create a new template).
- Open monday.com in a separate tab. Click on your task item under the PandaDoc widget, then the gear icon in the top right corner, then View Tokens/Variables. You’ll see a list of available variables showing entity columns and their associated values in monday.com.
- Copy and paste these variables (including square brackets!) into your template.
Note:The time zone in date variables is determined by local settings.
When working with a template created via upload, first add a text or table block, then paste variables into the block(s).
Use PandaDoc roles to send contact data from an item
If you use monday.com internally with your team, you can add roles to your template to send contact information (first name, last name, email address, phone number) from people in monday.com to documents you create in PandaDoc. Here’s how:
- Add a role to your PandaDoc template by clicking the Manage button, then Add role
- To access role variables, click Variables on the right-side panel, find your role variables, then click on a variable to copy and paste it onto the template body
- Create your document using this template, then assign your contacts to the roles you’ve added
Once you’ve created the document, variables for first name, last name, email address, and phone number will be populated with information from your teammate’s profile.
Passing information from monday.com into PandaDoc (via fields)
You can pass data into PandaDoc fields similarly to how variables operate. Unlike with variables, however, you don’t need to include square brackets.
In the list of variables, copy the variable without square brackets into Merge field.
Once the document has been sent, the recipient will see the pre-filled data and be able to update this field, provided the field has been assigned to them.
Create a document from your task
Once your template is ready, open your task and click on the item you’d like to create a document from.
Choose how you’d like to view your document in PandaDoc — either in a modal window inside monday.com, or in a new tab. To select one of these options, click on the Settings icon under the PandaDoc widget, then select one from the drop-down.
Now, click Create a new document in the PandaDoc widget. Once you choose your template and assign roles to your recipients, your document will open in a modal window or a new tab — whichever you’ve chosen. Variables will be auto-populated with field information from your item’s columns.
Create a new document from a PDF
If you have an existing document, PDF, or Docx file that requires only signatures from your clients, you can easily upload it to a board or item. To upload your PDF, click Create a new document, then go to the Upload tab and Click Select file.
Once you’ve uploaded your file, click the Add recipients button at the top of the page, then add your recipients on the right. You’ll now be able to drag and drop fields in your document, then send it.
Track your documents in monday.com
You can track documents created with PandaDoc in monday.com in one of two ways — from your board, or from an item directly. To view all documents, go to the Related documents section in the PandaDoc widget.
In your board, you’ll see all the documents created from both the board and the items of this board.
All documents created from an item can be viewed and tracked in the Related documents section in the PandaDoc widget. You can view a document’s name, its status, and the date and time it was created.