Note:Our team will migrate all legacy integration accounts to our new Square Checkout payments, with prior notification to the account owner. Submit your request using this form if you would like to switch to the latest integration now. If you have more than one workspace, please tell us the names of the specific workspaces where you want the new integration to be enabled. If the request is made by a user with the Member role, we will need the account owner's confirmation before making any changes.
Availability: All plans
Note:Some payment gateways charge transaction fees. See fee details for Square here.
The Square integration allows you to setup a payment app for your recipients to pay directly through Square via Credit Card, through PandaDoc documents.
Enable the integration
- Go to Settings > Integrations > Find Square. Select the integration, then click Connect;
- Sign in into your existing Square account (or create a new one);
- Once done, you will see a confirmation screen that the authentication has been successful.
Add a payment to your document or template
- Click Apps on the right panel
- Click on “Payment” to add it
- Set it up: assign the payer and set a payment amount
Send the document and collect payment
- Once you are ready, send out your document.
- Your recipient will open the document and complete it. The document status will become Waiting for payment.
- To proceed to payment, they click the payment icon in the top right and click “Pay”
- They will be required to fill out their Credit Card Number, Expiration date and CVV code, then they can make the payment;
- Once the payment has been cleared, the document status will become Paid. You and your recipients will receive a confirmation email to notify you the payment has gone through
- Once a document is paid, a new Customer record will be created in Square.
Set up recurring charges in PandaDoc
You can set up recurring charges in your catalog and collect them via Square with a help of quote builder.
Note:Quote builder block is a part of our Advanced Quotes add-on.
- First, connect your Square account to PandaDoc
- Next, add a product with a recurring price to the catalog (available billing period options: Weekly, Monthly, and Annually),
- Open your template/document, add a quote builder block, then add the product with a recurring price to your quote builder block
- Add a payment app to your document and select the payer
- Make sure that the needed quote(s) is chosen for the payment
- Send your document
Once the client pays, a new subscription record will be created in your Square account and the next recurring charge will be collected automatically from the subscription.
Note:You’ll be unable to modify the recurring charges once a subscription is created.
Set up recurring charges through Square
Square allows you to make additional charges or set up a subscription for any customer that you have (in your Square account) with associated billing details (CC info). View more details in Square.
- After any charge made via PandaDoc documents, new customers are located in your Square account with associated billing info.
- Then, in Square, go to your Square Dashboard, go to Invoices, select Create Invoice.
- Select Recurring from the drop down menu.
- Select a customer from your Customer Directory.
- Fill out the rest of the invoice. See more here.