Note:Our team will migrate all legacy integration accounts to our new Stripe checkout payments, with prior notification to the account owner. Submit your request using this form if you would like to switch to the latest integration now. If you have more than one workspace, please tell us the names of the specific workspaces where you want the new integration to be enabled. If the request is made by a user with the Member role, we will need the account owner's confirmation before making any changes.
Availability: All plans
Note:Some payment gateways charge transaction fees. See fee details for Stripe here.
With our Stripe integration, you can request a payment right from the document using the payment app, or collect credit card details and charge later using the Card Details field.
There are a couple of things you need to know:
- When the payment has been accepted in Stripe, it will have the name of the PandaDoc Document for the description title for the payment
- Your customer will see a $1 charge when their payment failed. See more details from Stripe Support about this here
- The minimum charge is the equivalent of 50 cents in USD.
Connect your Stripe account to PandaDoc
Note:You can connect one Stripe account to several PandaDoc workspaces. Please note, in case you disconnect Stripe from one of the workspaces, it will be disconnected from other workspaces too.
Go to Settings > Integrations, click Stripe > Connect, and sign in to your Stripe account.
Add a payment to your document or template
- Click Apps on the right panel
- Click on “Payment” to add it
- Set it up: assign the payer and set a payment amount
Send the document and collect payment
- Once you are ready, send out your document
- Your recipient will open the document and complete it. The document status will become Waiting for payment
- To proceed to payment, they click the payment icon in the top right and click Pay
- They will be required to fill out their Credit Card Number, Expiration date, and CVV code, then they can make the payment
- Once the payment has been cleared, the document status will become Paid. You and your recipients will receive a confirmation email to notify you the payment has gone through
- If you're sending a PandaDoc document to an existing customer with the same email
address, we won't overwrite their payment method but instead create a new customer in Stripe
Accepting payments through ACH
- ACH payments take up to 5 business days to receive acknowledgment of their success or failure. Because of this, ACH payments take up to 7 business days to be reflected in your available Stripe balance.
- You can only accept funds in USD and only from U.S. bank accounts. In addition, your account must have a U.S./USD bank account to accept ACH payments.
Before sending the document, make sure you have added Bank transfer (aka ACH) as a payment method.
ACH payment flow (recipient guide)
You, the recipient and payer, open the document, finalize it and click Pay.
To be able to proceed with the payment, all parties must sign and finalize the document first.
Then you choose Bank transfer as a payment method:
Next, you fill out your bank account details and click Next:
After adding your bank account, it needs to be verified. The verification is done via two small deposits into the bank account that Stripe will automatically send. These deposits will take 1-2 business days to appear on your online statement.
After you have received them, open the document again, click "next" as shown on the previous screenshot and enter the microdeposits. Click "Verify and pay" and that's it!
Collect payment information with Card Details field
- Add the “Card Details” field on the document;
- Assign it to the recipient whose information you’re collecting;
- Send the document;
- Recipient opens the document and submits their payment info;
To access their payment information:
Open your Stripe account and click on “Customers” on the right. In the Description column, find the document name and click on it. Scroll down to the Cards tab and unfold it to view the payment info. From there, you can create a subscription or a one-time charge.
Set up recurring charges
You can set up recurring charges in your catalog and collect them via Stripe with a help of quote builder.
Note:Quote builder block is a part of our Advanced Quotes add-on.
- First, connect your Stripe account to PandaDoc
- Next, add a product with a recurring price to the catalog and then select it in your quote (available billing period options: Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, and Annually)
- Add a payment app to your document and select the payer
- Make sure that the needed quote(s) is selected for the payment
- Send your document.
Once the client pays, a new subscription record will be created in your Stripe account and the next recurring charge will be collected automatically from the subscription.
Note:If you’d like to apply a discount for future recurring payments in the subscription that will be created in Stripe, you need to add it to the line items in the Discount column. If you’d like to apply the discount to the first recurring charge only and leave the subscription record in Stipe without the discount, you need to add it in the section or grand total footer.
Setting up recurring charges through Stripe.com
Stripe allows you to make additional charges or set up a subscription for any customer that you have (in your Stripe account) with associated billing details (CC info) View more details on Stripe.com.
- After any charge made via PandaDoc documents, new customers are located in your Stripe account with associated billing info.
- Then, in Stripe, go to Customers > click on the customer you want to set up recurring billing for (find them by the PandaDoc document name they paid through), scroll down to Subscriptions and create one for this client.
I can't connect my Stripe account
If Stripe asks to create a new account when you set up the integration, this could be connected to your permissions in Stripe or the compatibility of your account with PandaDoc. Please reach out to Stripe Support.