Microsoft Dynamics. Map product fields with pricing table columns
Availability: Business and Enterprise plans
Column mapping allows you to easily pull opportunity/quote product fields into specific pricing table columns in PandaDoc.
Learn how to pass product information from Microsoft Dynamics into PandaDoc pricing table here.
Enable column mapping
Start by opening a template you use to create documents from Microsoft Dynamics. Then, add a new pricing table by clicking on the block at the right panel. The Data merge will be automatically enabled.
If you have a pricing table in your template and it doesn’t have blue placeholders for column mapping, you can access the data merge either in pricing table properties on the right, or below the pricing table by selecting +Product > Set up data merge from CRM/API. Finally, click Enable.
Set up column mapping
In the data merge pop-up, first select Column mapping, then type field names from Microsoft Dynamics (on the left) to be matched with pricing table column names (on the right).
The field name can be any of the following default product field names in opportunities/quotes — Name, Description, Price, QTY, SKU, Discount, Tax — and it’s crucial that you spell the name exactly as it’s spelled here.
You can also map custom fields with PandaDoc pricing table columns.
If you’d like to map more pricing table columns, close the data merge set-up, then add new columns by selecting the plus sign on the right.
Note:The column name in the pricing table cannot be empty, otherwise, the products will not be pulled.
Next, click the data merge header to access Column mapping. You’ll see the newly added columns on the right. Now enter the field name from Microsoft Dynamics on the left.
After column mapping has been set up, you’ll see the product field names under the corresponding columns highlighted in blue.
All is set! When you create a document from Microsoft Dynamics using this template. Products will be mapped with the corresponding colums.
A few notes on product mapping
* Description field value can only be mapped to the Name, Description, SKU, and Text columns in the pricing table.
* Price per unit from Microsoft Dynamics can only be mapped with Price, QTY, Fee, Tax, Discount, and Additional multiplier columns.
* Quantity of your items in Microsoft Dynamics can be pulled to any column in the pricing table. The currency symbol will be added in case the quantity is mapped with the Price, Fee, Tax, and Discount columns.
* When you pass a numeric value to the Price, Fee, Tax, or Discount columns, the value will have a currency symbol and calculations will be made accordingly.
* No field values can be passed to the Cost or Subtotal columns in the pricing table. The Subtotal column in the pricing table is calculated automatically.