Availability: Business and Enterprise plans
Column mapping allows you to easily pull product fields from your deals or quotes into specific pricing table columns in PandaDoc.
Learn how to pass product information from Zoho CRM into PandaDoc pricing table here.
Enable column mapping
Start by opening a template you use to create documents from Zoho CRM. Then, add a new pricing table by clicking on the block at the right panel. The Data merge will be automatically enabled.
If you have a pricing table in your template that doesn’t have blue placeholders for column mapping, you can access the data merge either in pricing table properties on the right, or below the pricing table by selecting +Product > Set up data merge from CRM/API. Finally, click Enable.
Set up column mapping
In the data merge pop-up, first select Column mapping, then type field names from Zoho CRM (on the left) to be matched with pricing table column names (on the right).
The field name can be any of the following default product field names in Deals/Quote — Name, Description, Price, Quantity, SKU, Discount, — and it’s crucial that you spell the name exactly as it’s spelled here.
Note:In order to pass product QTY, make sure the Zoho CRM field name is "Quantity" and not anything else so that PandaDoc can recognize it and map it to the pricing table column.
You can also map custom fields with PandaDoc pricing table columns (works only with Deals):
If you’d like to map more pricing table columns, close the data merge set-up, then add columns by selecting the plus sign on the right.
Note:The column name in the pricing table cannot be empty, otherwise, the products will not be pulled.
Next, click the data merge header to access Column mapping. You’ll see the newly added columns on the right. Now enter the field name from Zoho CRM on the left.
After column mapping has been set up, you’ll see the product field names under the corresponding columns highlighted in blue.
All is set! When you create a document from Zoho CRM by using this template, the products will be auto-populated to the corresponding fields.
A few notes on product mapping
* Description field value can only be mapped to the Name column in the pricing table.
* Product Code from Zoho CRM is passed as SKU into the pricing table.
* You can pass the Unit price field value only to the Price, QTY, Fee, Tax, Discount, and Additional multiplier columns.
* The document creation will fail if numeric product fields with a negative value will be mapped with Price or QTY columns in the pricing table.
* Quantity of your items in Zoho CRM can be pulled to all columns in the pricing table. The currency symbol will be added in case the quantity is mapped with the Price, Fee, Tax, Discount column.
* When you pass a numeric value to the Price, Fee, Tax, or Discount columns, the value will have a currency symbol and calculations will be made accordingly.
* No field values can be passed to the Cost or Subtotal columns in the pricing table. The Subtotal column in the pricing table is calculated automatically.