Availability: Business and Enterprise plans
Column mapping allows you to easily pull deal product fields into specific pricing table columns in PandaDoc.
Learn how to pass Zendesk Sell product information into PandaDoc pricing tables here.
Enable column mapping
Start by opening a template you use to create documents from Sugar CRM. Then, add a new pricing table by clicking on the block at the right panel. The Data merge will be automatically enabled.
If you have a pricing table in your template and it doesn’t have blue placeholders for column mapping, you can access the data merge either in pricing table properties on the right, or below the pricing table by selecting +Product > Set up data merge from CRM/API. Finally, click Enable.
Set up column mapping
In the data merge pop-up, first select Column mapping, then type field names from Zendesk Sell (on the left) to be matched with pricing table column names (on the right).
You can pass the following information to the pricing table: Name, Description, Selling Price, QTY, SKU, Discount, and Pricing variations.
If you’d like to map more pricing table columns, close the data merge set-up, then add columns by selecting the plus sign on the right.
Note:The column name in the pricing table cannot be empty, otherwise, the products will not be pulled.
Next, click the data merge header to access Column mapping. You’ll see the newly added columns on the right. Now enter the field name from Zendesk Sell on the left.
After column mapping has been set up, you’ll see the product field names under the corresponding columns highlighted in blue.
All is set! When you create a document from Zendesk Sell by using this template, the products will be auto-populated to the corresponding fields.
A few notes on product mapping
* Description field value can only be mapped to the Name column in the pricing table.
* You can pass the Selling price field value only to the Price, QTY, Tax, and Discount columns in PandaDoc.
* The Selling Price will be pulled into the Price column in the pricing table by default. To pull the Unit Price into the Price column, enter unit_price into the CRM column name.
* Total discount cannot be pulled into the pricing table.
* Quantity of your items in Zendesk Sell can be pulled to all columns in the pricing table. The currency symbol will be added in case the quantity is mapped with the Price, Fee, Tax, Discount column.
* When you pass a numeric value to the Price, Fee, Tax, or Discount columns, the value will have a currency symbol and calculations will be made accordingly.
* No field values can be passed to the Cost or Subtotal columns in the pricing table. The Subtotal column in the pricing table is calculated automatically.