SugarCRM. Map product fields with pricing table columns
Availability: Business and Enterprise plans
Column mapping allows you to easily pull deal product fields into specific pricing table columns in PandaDoc.
Learn about how to send product and pricing info to PandaDoc documents from a SugarCRM opportunity here.
Enable column mapping
Start by opening a template you use to create documents from Sugar CRM. Then, add a new pricing table by clicking on the block at the right panel. The Data merge will be automatically enabled.
If you have a pricing table in your template and it doesn’t have blue placeholders for column mapping, you can access the data merge either in pricing table properties on the right, or below the pricing table by selecting +Product > Set up data merge from CRM/API. Finally, click Enable.
Set up column mapping
In the data merge pop-up, first select Column mapping, then type field names from Sugar CRM (on the left) to be matched with pricing table column names (on the right).
The field name can be any of the following default product field names in Deals — Name, Description, Price, QTY, SKU, Discount, — and it’s crucial that you spell the name exactly as it’s spelled here.
You can also use a custom fields map with PandaDoc pricing table columns:
If you’d like to map more pricing table columns, close the data merge set-up, then add columns by selecting the plus sign on the right.
Note:The column name in the pricing table cannot be empty, otherwise, the products will not be pulled.
Next, click the data merge header to access Column mapping. You’ll see the newly added columns on the right. Now enter the field name from Sugar CRM on the left.
After column mapping has been set up, you’ll see the product field names under the corresponding columns highlighted in blue.
All is set! When you create a document from Sugar CRM by using this template, the products will be auto-populated to the corresponding fields.
A few notes on product mapping
* Description field value can only be mapped to the Name column in the pricing table.
* You can pass the Price field value only to the Price, QTY, Tax, Discount, and Additional multiplier columns in PandaDoc.
* The document creation will fail if numeric product fields with a negative value will be mapped with Price or QTY columns in the pricing table.
* Quantity of your items in Sugar CRM can be pulled to all columns in the pricing table. The currency symbol will be added in case the quantity is mapped with the Price column.
* Calculated Amount will be passed with an extra zero when mapped to Name, QTY, SKU, Text, and Additional multiplier columns. F.e. Calculated Amount is 18.00, it will be mapped as 18.0000 in the PandaDoc pricing table.
* When you pass a numeric value to the Price, Fee, Tax, or Discount columns, the value will have a currency symbol and calculations will be made accordingly.
* To pull List Price, add list_price as the name of the CRM column when you set up the mapping.
* No field values can be passed to the Cost or Subtotal columns in the pricing table. The Subtotal column in the pricing table is calculated automatically.